If you are a union member who participates in certain Union Plus programs and have been affected by Hurricane Harvey in Texas, you may be eligible for financial assistance through the Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant program.
Union Plus Disaster Relief Grants of $500 are available to eligible participants of one of the following programs:
- Union Plus Credit Card Program
- Union Plus Life Insurance
- Accidental Death Insurance
- Union Plus Auto Insurance or
- Union Plus Mortgage Program
Participants who live in the following counties may be eligible for individual assistance: Aransas, Bee, Brazoria, Calhoun, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Goliad, Harris, Jackson, Kleberg, Liberty, Matagorda, Nueces, Refugio, San Patricio, Victoria and Wharton.
To qualify for a Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant:
- Your residence must be in a county qualifying for individual assistance money (to check if your county has been designated as an area eligible for individual assistance money, visit FEMA’s disaster declarations page);
- You must have experienced a significant loss of income or property within the past six months due to the disaster; and
- You must have had a Union Plus Credit Card for at least three months, Union Plus Mortgage, Union Plus Life or Accidental Death Insurance or Union Plus Auto Insurance for at least 12 months with that account or policy in good standing (be up-to-date on payments).
To apply for a disaster relief grant if you participate in any of the following programs, call:
- Union Plus Credit Card: 1-800-622-2580
- Union Plus Mortgage: 1-800-472-2005
- Union Plus Insurance: 1-800-472-2005
- Union Plus Auto Insurance: 1-800-472-2005
In addition, AT&T, the provider of Union Plus wireless discounts, will issue credits to AT&T wireless customers in impacted areas for additional data, voice and text charges, and AT&T PREPAID for additional voice and text charges. Head to the AT&T newsroom to learn more about this offer.
The Union Plus Disaster Relief Fund has provided nearly $1 million in assistance to union members facing hardships following Hurricanes Sandy and Katrina, floods, wildfires and other natural disasters. Head to the Union Plus Disaster Relief Fund page to learn more about the benefits and eligibility requirements.