Union Plus Offers Help for Those Impacted
by Floods in North Carolina
If you are a union member who participates in certain Union Plus programs and have been affected by the recent flooding in North Carolina, you may be eligible for financial assistance through the Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant program1.
Union Plus Disaster Relief Grants of $500 are available to eligible members who have a Union Plus Credit Card2, Union Plus Life or Accidental Death Insurance, or Union Plus Auto Insurance, or Union Plus Mortgage. Participants who live in the following counties may be eligible: Beaufort, Bertie, Bladen, Columbus, Cumberland, Edgecombe, Greene, Harnett, Hoke, Johnston, Lenoir, Nash, Pitt, Robeson, Sampson, Wayne and Wilson. The money does not have to be repaid.
To qualify for a Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant, your residence must be in one of the above-listed parishes and:
- Have been a victim of the severe weather in counties designated by FEMA as qualifying for individual assistance. (Visit UnionPlus.org/NCFlood to be redirected to the FEMA Louisiana flood information page for a list of qualifying counties.)
- Have experienced a significant loss of income or property within the last six months due to the disaster.
- Have had a Union Plus Credit Card, Union Plus Life or Accidental Death Insurance, or Union Plus Auto Insurance, or Union Plus Mortgage for at least 12 months with the account or policy in good standing (be up-to-date on payments).
To apply for a disaster relief grant if you participate in any of the following programs call:
- Union Plus Credit Card: 1-800-622-2580
- Union Plus Mortgage: 1-800-472-2005
- Union Plus Insurance: 1-800-472-2005
The Union Plus Disaster Relief Fund has provided nearly $1 million in assistance to union members facing hardships following Hurricanes Sandy and Katrina, floods, wildfires and other natural disasters.
For more information about the Union Plus disaster benefits, visit UnionPlus.org/Disaster. Visit UnionPlus.org/NCFlood to be redirected to the FEMA North Carolina flood information page.
1Certain restrictions, limitations, and qualifications apply to these grants. Additional information and eligibility criteria can be obtained at UnionPlus.org/Assistance.
2Union Plus Credit Cards are issued by Capital One, N.A. pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated.